COVID-19: Member Resources & Updates 01 February 2023
What You'll Find On This Page
News You Can Use
Return to Work Agreement Extended Through April 1, 2023, with Modifications (2/1/2023)
Read the RTW Agreement, with modifications
Los Angeles County's "Worker Protections During a COVID-19 Outbreak"
Your employer must take steps to keep you safe if a confirmed outbreak of COVID-19 occurs at your worksite. Read over the steps that should be taken to protect workers here (Spanish).
^ BACK TO TOP
Local 600 Unemployment Insurance Assistance Contacts (UPDATED: 12/17/2021)
Local 600 Business Reps and staff are here to assist you and answer questions you might have about applying for Unemployment Insurance in your state.
Local 600 Unemployment Insurance Assistance Contacts
Entertainment Industry Resources
Entertainment Community Fund (formerly The Actors Fund)
Questions related to MPI, disability support, quality of life resources, social security benefits, unemployment insurance, worker's comp, and retirement planning should now be directed to our dedicated representative at the Entertainment Community Fund, Emily Lerner Garlick at email@example.com or (323) 330-2417.
Local 600 Hardship Fund
Members seeking financial assistance may also apply for the Local 600 Hardship Fund, administered by the Entertainment Community Fund (formerly The Actors Fund). Once they receive the application, the Entertainment Community Fund will reach out to you to continue the process.
Donate to the Local 600 Hardship Fund
Apply for the Local 600 Hardship Fund
MPIPHP Guide to New Benefits (Winter 2021)
MPI has announced weight loss, smoking cessation, and diabetes prevention benefits available to members. Learn more about these benefits here.
A new counseling service to connect entertainment industry workers with therapists:
Now offering online counseling
The Motion Picture Television Fund intake line (323-634-3888) is open. They address wide and varied requests from both working and retired members of the entertainment community. If you or an industry friend need help, give MPTF a chance to listen to your story and determine how and where they can make life better for you.
First Entertainment Credit Union
For branch hours, please visit their website.
LinkedIn Learning (LiL)
Membership is free for IA members and those who work under IATSE contracts. The Training Trust Fund is ready for an uptick in sign ups so encourage your members to register! In addition the newsletter today highlights various online craft classes including AVIXA, Safety First, and through LinkedIn Learning. Click here for more information.
EP Business Continuity Preparedness (3/10/2020)
If your family has been directly impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, please visit the Hardship Help section.
The IATSE National Benefit Funds
Benhind the Scenes
The Behind the Scenes charity issues grants to entertainment technology professionals in need due to serious illness or injury that may be used for basic living, medical or funeral expenses.
Therapist Finder (in partnership with HealthPro)
Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Initiative
^ BACK TO TOP
Safety on Set
- Return to Work Agreement Extended Through January 31, 2023, with Modifications (10/1/2022)
- Return to Work Agreement Extended Through September 30, 2022, with Modifications (7/14/2022)
- Return to Work Agreement Extended Through July 15, 2022, with Modifications (5/12/2022)
- COVID-19 Return to Work Agreement Extended to April 20, 2022 (2/15/2022)
- COVID-19 Commercial Production Safety and Testing Protocol Agreement (2/11/2022)
- Return to Work Agreement Extended (7/21/2021)
- Safety Protocols for Commercial Productions Agreement (12/2/2020)
- Safety Protocols for Commercial Productions Summary (12/2/2020)
- Return to Work Agreement Summary (Spanish) (11/3/2020)
- COVID-19 Return to Work Agreement FAQs (10/15/2020)
- Industry-Wide Safety Protocols for Returning to Work, Full Agreement (9/21/2020)
- Industry-Wide Safety Protocols for Returning to Work, Summary (9/21/2020)
- AICP's COVID-19 Workplace Guidelines and Considerations (9/7/2020)
- Entertainment Unions & Guilds Letter to the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (6/29/2020)
- "The Safe Way Forward" Joint Report from the DGA, SAG-AFTRA, IATSE, and Teamsters (6/12/2020) Spanish
- Local 600 Principles, Key Recommendations and Recommended Departmental Protocols (6/9/2020) Spanish
- The Industry-Wide Labor-Management Safety Committee Task Force's Proposed Health and Safety Guidelines (6/1/2020)
- Entertainment Unions Outline Industry Reopening (5/13/2020)
- NABTU and CPWR COVID-19 Standards for U.S. Construction Sites (4/27/2020)
- L.A. Building & Safety Announcement (3/31/2020)
^ BACK TO TOP
Helping Those in Need
IATSE C.A.R.E.S. (Coronavirus Active Response and Engagement Service) is a new initiative designed to provide support to our most at-risk, elderly, and/or disabled members during the COVID-19 crisis. This website will also be used to provide information about future Mutual Aid efforts from the IATSE.
American Red Cross
Critical Need For Blood and Platelets (Nationwide)
Right now, eligible and healthy donors are strongly urged to make an appointment to provide lifesaving blood products to patients. Make an appointment here
Volunteers Needed (Nationwide)
The Red Cross need for volunteers is constant and continues to evolve as we navigate this Coronavirus health crisis. Volunteer opportunities include supporting blood donations and delivering much-needed disaster services to your community. They even have a wide variety of remote (work-from-home) opportunities available. Sign up to volunteer here
Food Distribution Volunteers Needed (Los Angeles)
The Red Cross is looking for 160 Food Distribution Volunteers per day to serve at 50+ distribution sites across the county. Sign up to volunteer here
Find your local food bank and help support them in these uncertain times. The Feeding America food bank network serves over 4.3 billion meals each year through food pantries and meal programs across the United States.
Find your local food bank and donate here
New York City: CityMeals on Wheels
As the designated emergency responder for New York City’s seniors, Citymeals is preparing 300,000 meals in response to the Coronavirus outbreak. Help us guarantee a continuous lifeline of nourishing meals during this crisis – more than 18,000 homebound elderly New Yorkers are relying on your generosity.
Greater Chicago Food Depository
The Greater Chicago Food Depository is Chicago's food bank. They provide food for hungry people while striving to end hunger in the Chicago community.
Support the Greater Chicago Food Depository by donating food here.
If you or someone you know is in need of food, please reach out to GCFD here.
^ BACK TO TOP
General Info on COVID-19
CDC's Mental Health and Coping Page
OSHA COVID-19 Guidance Website
World Health Organization
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
^ BACK TO TOP
To view all the weekly video updates from National President John Lindley and National Executive Director Rebecca Rhine, please head over to the Local 600 Vimeo page.
^ BACK TO TOP
[ more news » ]